Fire Isolator training and certification for Sunbelt Spirit car carrier crew
Last week we trained and certified the crew of the car carrier Sunbelt Spirit in the deployment of the Fire Isolator concept in case of EV car fires onboard the ship. This training was performed by our Fire Isolator master instructor and took place in Poland.
This ship, with a carrying capacity of 17950 t DWT and a length of 212 meters is now equipped with several Fire Isolator kits on each car deck in order to be quickly deployed in case of an EV car fire.
About the training
The Fire Isolator training is a 1-day training program. In this training we train the crew who will be ultimately using and deploying the concept in several subjects:
- The differences between normal, combustion engine car fires and EV car fires
- The characteristics of lithium battery fires
- What we can learn from previous incidents involving EV cars
- Everything there is to know about the Fire Isolator concept and the products
- How to quickly unfold the fire blanket
- How to deploy the aerosol units
- How to use the water mist lance
If you are interested in the Fire Isolator concept for your company or customers, contact us via email@example.com
I mDeputy Chief of r local department want more info